1. Hey guys it's my first blog, so hang with me here. The first thing i'd like to address about the Tennessee Titans, is offseason problems. Obviously the first problem we probably all know about is the whole Chris Johnson situation. For those who have yet to hear about it, the Tennessee front office has contemplated releasing the star running back, due to money problems. According to ESPN's Paul Kuharsky(AFC South blogger), the Titans are currently going into the offseason with the highest cap space in the league, assuming the cap ceiling stays approximately the same as last years. Chris Johnson may be getting slightly overpaid, but let's be honest, isn't he worth it? That "2K" at the end of "CJ" was EARNED. He was just the 6th player to break 2,000 yards rushing. Johnson is the fastest guy in the league, not to mention his great ability to break tackles, as well as break a few ankles of course. Although $9 million is a ton of money to guarantee someone at a position that is one of the most dangerous in the NFL, CJ2K is worth the risk. I can't consider this a huge problem, because I truthfully do believe Mike Munchak is a smart guy. So the fix is simple. DON'T CUT CJ2K!
2. The second big offseason problem is the development of QB Jake Locker. Here's the question that has still not been answered: Is Locker the Titans' QB of the Future? The Titans have quietly gone through a QB riot since the moment Air McNair left. It all started when we drafted Vince Young. Do I believe VY didn't have potential? Absolutely not. He had potential to be one of the best QB's the organization had ever seen. Once injuries began to plague him, his sanity deteriorated and the suicide attempt ended his time with the Titans. Personally I really liked Vince. I still have a jersey with the name YOUNG across the back. I wish he had made it. But he didn't. So now we turn to his carbon-copy Jake Locker. I think Jake Locker is a good QB. I think he will be the future of this organization. But if Munchak and company want that to happen, they better start keeping him healthy and make sure he starts to develop, because that's where Jeff Fisher went wrong with VY. If Locker keeps getting hurt and his development doesn't get better, we're looking at VY part II.
3. Quite possibly one of the largest problems of the offseason is the offensive line. The Titans had one of the best O-Lines out there, until injury started. Now with Steve Hutchinson possibly retiring and Eugene Amano's well-being questionable, what do we do? The fix to this could be simple. We can look at some o-linemen in free agency. There are certainly some good ones out there, such as Eben Britten or Louis Vasquez. Or we could simply draft a good lineman or two. The current draft projections actually have the Titans taking Chance Warmack at the #10 overall pick. Me being a Bama fan, I surely would like this, but as a Titan fan, i still like the idea. Warmack is a great blocker and can really help CJ2K and, more importantly, keep Jake Locker off the ground so much.
So these are the biggest offseason problems through my eyes. Obviously we are a 6-10 team, so deeper problems lie within. I can't cover them all by any means, but maybe i've hit some good points. Any ideas? email me at fakejakelock@gmail.com. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment