Thursday, February 7, 2013

Keep or Kut (QB)

(@FauxJakeLocker)

I'd like to open with a quote.

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"
-Colonel Sanders

Did I rip this off of Talladega Nights? Damn straight. Does it have anything to do with this? Hell no. Now that that's out of the way, i'll give an introduction to this post series i'm creating. It's called Keep or Kut. I'll go through every position on the roster and every player, arguing the pros and/or cons of keeping the player. I'll start from the top.

QB Keep or Kut:

  • Jake Locker: Keep. For now anyway. Let's be honest, i've said it before and i'll say it now. Jake Locker has potential, but if the coaches at Baptist Sports Park want Jake to flourish, I sure hope they get him going in the right direction. Locker is young. He has time to redeem himself, but he currently isn't in good standing with some Titans fans. A franchise's prosperity revolves around the QB. So if Jake doesn't improve in his Junior year, he better get it together. Or next year that highlighted word at the top might turn into a Kut.
  • Matt Hasslebeck: Keep. Matt's contract expires next year anyway even if this was a cut, so it'd be a waste. But look, one no one can argue is that the Titans have one of the best backups in the league in Hasslebeck. One may actually argue that he should start. I'd be fine with that, since we did have a reasonable season when he played 2 seasons ago, while Locker observed. But anyway, a backup is important, especially when you have someone that's already been hurt twice in his career. So this one's probably going to be a keep 'til he retires.
  • Rusty Smith: Kut. Or Keep. This ones a toss up. There's truthfully only one way to describe Rusty. He sucks. But he's a 3rd-stringer. He's not expected to be good. The Titans will keep him i'm sure, but it's sort of a waste of space. The NFL only requires 2 active QBs. At least put him in reserves. We don't need to dress him. But like i said, it's not a huge deal when it comes to Rusty.
Tomorrow: Keep or Kut (RB)

No comments:

Post a Comment