Thursday, March 21, 2013

NFL Free Agency My top 5 Pickups for titans.

Follow me on twitter @DouchyCJ2K and my Co-Partner @FauxJakeLocker



Been awhile since I've been tweeting, or blogging for that matter. Been followin along with the titans picks, some were shockers, some were not. Sure nashville may not be the richest sports city in America (Im looking at you miami and New York,) but the titans still got alot of upside this coming season. As well as the free agents, I'll give you some things to look out for.


5. Shonne Greene, RB

Not sure what titans were thinking here, but they did need a power RB. However, there were other candidates that could've gone half as much as he did. They could've looked at such as Cedric Benson or Peyton Hillis. They might've bought him just to light a spark under CJ, but Shonne might take some energy off of CJ.

(Note. Chris Johnson's 94 yard TD against Shonne Greene's old team the jets.)


4. George Wilson, SS

Titans needed BIG help at safety, notice the emphasis on BIG. However, George Wilson will be a good fit. Out shadowed by Jarius Bird, George Wilson was a dark horse. Even though he may not see as many minutes as Pollard and Griffin, the titans can surely use him possibly at a CB role or a deep man.

(Note: George Wilson was starter among Jarius Bird, he had 4 picks in 2011 but none in 2012 and got 104 tackles, don't be suprised if you can't fin him on the field.)

3. Delanie Walker, TE

LOVE this pick for the titans. Another player who was overshadowed by a much more popular player (Vernon Davis), Jim Harbaugh used a 2-TE set with walker and Davis. Walker had 3 TDs, but got 21 catches for 344 yards. He is very explosive though. I would compare him to an Aaron Hernandez. He is going to be a huge playmaker for this offense.

(Note: After Jared Cook left, I thought titans would go with someone like Dustin Keller or Martilleus Bennett, but still a nice young substitute for Jared."

2. Adam Levitre, OG

Adam wasn't just an OG for TE bills, he was their O-Line. CJ definitely got his wish when he wanted a better O-Line, (Then got his worst nightmare with Shonne Greene.) It wasn't the Offensive linemens' fault though. They had 3 key offensive linemen injured in the midseason.

(Note: Roos, Stewart, Hutchinson were all injured. Hutchinson is gone, but Roos and Stewart are coming back, I think titans could have one of the best O-Lines this year.

1. Bernard Pollard, SS

I was ecstatic when I found out pollard met with the titans last Saturday. Heck I checked everyday to see if he signed, I eventually got more depressed until I realized he only met with the titans. Today I thought I was gonna lose my mind. Pollard is one of the most Physical and Underrated defensive players in the NFL. (Combination Of James Harrison and Ray Lewis at safety,) He can make interceptions and force fumbles. You can blitz him of put him on man. One of the reasons I like this pickup is now you have 2 elite safeties starting which should stop most quarterbacks from going deep.

(Note: Bernard Pollard's hits. All I got to say.)


Look For: WRs.

Media just found out that the titans were willing to dish out 2 year, 14 million contract to welker. When I found that out, I started looking on the market, Cruz is still there, but titans would have to give up a first rounder so its unlikely. Look for the titans to get another bills player such as Lee Evans or Brandon Lloyd or the draft.

Look For: DEs

Defensive ends are hot on the market. It has been shown that the titans are looking at many of them. John Abraham, Elvis Dumervil, Osi Umeniyora, and Dwight Freeney. If we could get 1 or 2 of these guys, it will be a major step up for this defense.


No comments:

Post a Comment