Follow my co-partner @DouchyCJ2K and I on Twitter! (@FauxJakeLocker)Round 1 Pick 10
At FIRST I was like: O-Guard Chance Warmack, Alabama
But THEN I was like: D-Lineman Bjoern Werner, Florida State (Or next best available)
Prior to Free agency I would have immediately said fix the o-line with pick 10. Now that we have signed Rob Turner and Andy LeVitre, not so much. I think now the big thing is defense. We've pretty much solidified our o-line now, so why not go ahead and fix the other type of line! Let's draft Bjoern Werner if he's still there. Derrick Morgan has finally shown he is something worth keeping. On the other side of the line... Kamerion Wimbley seems to just be having trouble. He had a hot and cold 2012 season but hot and cold isn't good enough. Werner stands out to me. Let's say he is not there. There should still be Ezekiel Ansah or Damontre' Moore. Let's go with them. UNLESS the Eagles don't snatch up Dee Milliner. Definitely could use help at corner. But i doubt the Eagles pass on Milliner.
Round 2 Pick 10
At FIRST I was like: Halfback Eddie Lacy, Alabama
But THEN i was like: Cornerback Darius Slay, Mississippi State
I was liking halfback at 42 overall. But after the signing of Shonn Greene to accompany CJ2K as a power back, Eddie Lacy would be a moo point. So let's fix that pass defense problem and help J. McCourty and Alterraun Verner. Sure Coty Sensabaugh and Tommie Campbell have shown flashes of potential. But let's face it. That defense that allowed 472 points last year is not the fault of that fan in the stands. I watched receivers burn those CB's all year. Now I don't want it to seem like i'm saying it's all their faults. Micheal Griffin and Jason Babineaux did NOT help one bit, but let's go defense again here.
Round 3 Pick 70 (Overall)
At FIRST I was like: (No Prediction)
But THEN I was like: Wide Receiver Cobi Hamilton, Arkansas
I made no predictions past the second round so not much to counter here. But I like Wideout in the 3rd. We definitely have a great, mostly young receiving core, but you really can never have too many receivers. Cut Lavelle Hawkins and Damian Williams and sign some even younger talent. Hamilton is an alright receiver and has acceptable size at 6'1. It's time to face the music Titans fans. It's the last year of Kenny Britt's contract and he will much more than likely not be resigned. He's way more trouble than he's worth. Maybe he'll rebound and have a great season on and off the field. If so, he may stay. But that's a big IF. So let's invest in the future.
Round 4 Pick 10
At FIRST I was like: (No Prediction)
But THEN I was like: O-Tackle/Guard Brian Winters, Kent State
JUST because we sign two guards does NOT mean we should rest on our laurels. We don't have very good luck with injuries on the line. This pick will do nothing more than make sure that if something were to happen to LeVitre or Turner, we have back up plan W. W for Winters.
Wow that was cheesy....
Round 5 Pick 142 (Overall)
At FIRST I was like: (No prediction)
But THEN I was like: D-Tackle Montori Hughes, Tennesseee-Martin
Ok I don't know who this guy is but walterfootball.com has him going around this area. Unfortunately I'm no NFL draft scout. I keep up with rounds 1-3 then I kind of lose my attention span. But I do know still that we need a better defensive line. I already tacked down the end position with the starters being (Hopefully) Bjoern Werner and Derrick Morgan. So we completed that part. But what about the interior line. Draft a D-tackle (whoever that may end up being) and let's try to increase his skill and anchor that line
Round 6 Pick 202 (Overall)
At FIRST I was like: (No prediction)
But THEN I was like: Inside-LB Michael Mauti, Penn State
This may not be the best idea because Mauti blew a knee halfway through his senior season, according to walterfootball.com. But they also say that prior to the injury, Mauti was having an exceptional year. He sounds like a really legitimate pick to me though. If that knee wasn't too bad. In 2012, Mauti had 97 tackles, 3 interceptions, and 3 forced fumbles. That's just 16 tackles under lineback Manti Te'o. That's also 3 more forced fumbles than him. (Although Te'o was actually not good, he did win the Maxwell award so...)
Round 7 Pick 216 (Overall)
At First I was like: (No prediction)
But THEN I was like: Let's just go with the best player available scenario.
I actually can't think of any more positions we need. That's definitely a good thing, but it's the seventh round anyway. Not like these guys would really make a whole lot of difference. Most don't anyway. With the exception of the occasional Tom Brady or Arian Foster. But this goes for 248 Overall as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment